Saturday, April 22, 2017

Week 9

Welcome Back!

First off, I do apologize for not posting last Friday like I said I would. These past few weeks have been very busy as I wrote my final paper that discusses my project, as well as preparing for my final presentation. Along with this, I have finally decided on which university I will be attending in the fall. With a variety of schools to choose from, it was by no means an easy decision. I'm very thank for all of the people who helped me along this journey and I'm proud to announce that I will be a future Sun Devil at Arizona State University. For some of you, this may come as a surprise since I was very adamant on leaving out of state.

In my last post, I mentioned that I wanted to talk about a few things I wish I would have done differently throughout the course of my project. As a BASIS student myself, it has been very difficult to separate my personal feelings about the BASIS experience. I believe that if I would have done a better job at separating my personal feelings, it may have been easier to better describe the BASIS experience of others without being too concerned about using my own feelings to describe theirs. While doing this may have been difficult, many of the remarks I've received in response to my own personal feelings have expressed much appreciation. Expressing the feelings of myself as well as the feelings of other about this unique experience has given others an opportunity to see where the BASIS community can begin to improve in areas that we may be blinded toward.

Another part that has proven to be more challenging  rather than something I wish I would have changed has been, discussing sensitive information. When you begin to make criticisms about anyone or anything, it becomes difficult to express those criticisms in a manner that can serve for the greater good. You have to be understanding that not everyone will see eye to eye with you and therefore must proceed with caution when explaining information that may personally affect them.

This post isn't as long as my last ones but, I hope that you all have enjoyed the information in which I've shared with you.  As always, thanks for the support and interest in my blog!

Best,
Eli

No comments:

Post a Comment